/bech·del test/ n.
1. It has to have at least two [named] women in it
2. Who talk to each other
3. About something besides a man
This movie passed 3 of 3 tests. It was entered by schwarta on 2009-12-28 23:20:38.
Back to the list.
1. there are several women in the movie.
2. At least two of them have names: Ellie and the maid of Ellie (I've forgotten her name).
3. There are several talks between Ellie and unnamed women about other things than men (a bus ticket, a shower etc.). 4. And there is a short scene where the maid brings drinks and Ellie sais to her, that she needed one. But the maid does not say anything, so I don't know, if that counts as a talk.